Weekly Petalfox Post
MOMENT No. 3
Flowers Received week of April 2nd, 2018
Spring is officially here! We hope you enjoy this week's blooms in misty pinks & cranberry reds :)
We have carefully arranged and shipped your budding beauties to ensure maximum vase life, once they arrive to your desk or door. Follow these steps to aid in the process of keeping your flowers looking fresh out of the box:
- Remove tie & delivery packaging.
- Separate band or tie from the base of the flowers.
- Rinse stems under water and remove any loose foliage or wilted petals.
- Cut each stem up to 1" (inch), on a 45 degree angle with sharp scissors or small pairing knife.
- Choose a clean vessel and fill with warm water.
- Add flower food or a bit of sugar + lemon juice to your water.
- In order to maintain the hand-tied design, you may re-tie or band stems loosely if you prefer.
- Refill vessel with water as necessary and feel free to give petals a light mist with a spray bottle.
- Some flower varieties last longer than others. Your posy will look it's best if you groom your petals daily.
- For maximum longevity, keep blooms out of direct sunlight in a cool spot.
To offer you the most time with your flowers in bloom, certain varieties may ship tight in bud form. Stems may not bloom simultaneously; some blooms may fade as others emerge. Individual blooms last 5-7 days; however, some varieties may last up to 2 weeks or more.
For more tips on Flower Care, please visit our blog post on "10 Tips for Keeping Flowers Fresh".
“What’s interesting about flowers, is that they don’t need anything from us. So many things do.”
Our flowers are carefully selected and hand-tied each week just for you! No two are alike, so your flower mix might vary. This week's Petal Recipe features the following:
Pink & Red purple Hues
- Calla Lilly - Cranberry: will continue to grow! Cut as necessary.
- Mini Gerbera Daisy - Misty Pink
- Tulip - Blue Diamond - can last up to 3-4 weeks!
- Alstromaria - will fully open within a few days :)
- Sweet Pea - these pinky pods grow on a bush!
Filler & Fluff
- Huck Green*
- Waxflower (White)*
*Indicates floral varieties grown in California (locally) or within the US.
We love flowers! We also love their perfect imperfection. Sometimes they surprise us with their hardiness and resilience, and other times they are terrifically temperamental and fragile.
We do our best to shepherd these beauties as they make their way from us to you. However, if your flowers arrived damaged we will immediately replace them, no questions asked. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information and send us an email at email@example.com.
What means the most to us, is what means the most to you!
Did you love your flowers? Where did your petals find a home? What can we do better?
Share your thoughts, advice or photos with us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
And if you're head-over-heals for your weekly petaled moment, tag us (#petalfox) on social media. A few of our Petalfox friends have shared where their flowers have found a home, check them out below!