Weekly Petalfox Post
MOMENT No. 13
Flowers Received week of June 11th
In our anticipation of summer, our next two weeks of flowers have a bit of tropical elegance. Inspired by all of the fun things this season brings - like pink flamingo pool floaties, homemade lemonade, watermelon fruit bowls and picnics with friends!
We had the opportunity to partner with Mike Fox, from The Fox Magazine for an editorial shoot he did with Miss Germany. We don't make flower crowns on the regular, but we gave it a whirl with some of the pink Flamingo Flowers you'll see in this week's bouquet!
We have carefully arranged and shipped your budding beauties to ensure maximum vase life, once they arrive to your desk or door. Follow these steps to aid in the process of keeping your flowers looking fresh out of the box:
- Remove tie & delivery packaging.
- Separate band or tie from the base of the flowers.
- Rinse stems under water and remove any loose foliage or wilted petals.
- Cut each stem up to 1" (inch), on a 45 degree angle with sharp scissors or small pairing knife.
- Choose a clean vessel and fill with warm water.
- Add flower food or a bit of sugar + lemon juice to your water.
- In order to maintain the hand-tied design, you may re-tie or band stems loosely if you prefer.
- Refill vessel with water as necessary and feel free to give petals a light mist with a spray bottle.
- Some flower varieties last longer than others. Your posy will look it's best if you groom your petals daily.
- For maximum longevity, keep blooms out of direct sunlight in a cool spot.
To offer you the most time with your flowers in bloom, certain varieties may ship tight in bud form. Stems may not bloom simultaneously; some blooms may fade as others emerge. Individual blooms last 5-7 days; however, some varieties may last up to 2 weeks or more.
For more tips on Flower Care, please visit our blog post on "10 Tips for Keeping Flowers Fresh".
Our flowers are carefully selected and hand-tied each week just for you! No two are alike, so your flower mix might vary. This week's Petal Recipe features the following:
- Anthurium - Commonly known as Flamingo Flower, grows as a tropical plant. Comes in pink / white / green hues.
- Lisianthus - Pink
- Yarrow - Rainbow Mix
- Crespedia - Commonly known as Billy Ball
Filler & Fluff
- Yellow mums
We love flowers! We also love their perfect imperfection. Sometimes they surprise us with their hardiness and resilience, and other times they are terrifically temperamental and fragile.
We do our best to shepherd these beauties as they make their way from us to you. However, if your flowers arrived damaged we will immediately replace them, no questions asked. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What means the most to us, is what means the most to you!
Did you love your flowers? Where did your petals find a home? What can we do better?
Share your thoughts, advice or photos with us directly (email@example.com).
And if you're head-over-heals for your weekly petaled moment, tag us (#petalfox) on social media.